Some p.m. bits of this and that to digest, first of the Islanders variety:
- Frans Nielsen and Peter Regin are both Danish, and you're not. (Alright, some of you are.)
- Got questions for Garth Snow?
- Second City Hockey asked me questions about the Isles. I answered.
- Japers' does the Metro's top 10 centers. That player usage chart at the end nicely illustrates the insanity of how Randy Carlyle used Mikhail Grabovsky.
- How hungry are you for NHL hockey? Hungry enough to watch NHL preseason games? That don't involve your team? You can on NHL Network...but no Isles games on the schedule.
- THE ONES WHO GOT AWAY: David Toews edition...
- Speaking of the departed, except the better kind, here is Nino Niederreiter on WildTV. You know you want to look.
- Colin McDonald will sign your Tavares jersey tonight.
- Jeff Marek in a Q&A with CBS-NY: "For whatever reason, whether it’s Michael Grabner, Thomas Hickey or whomever — players show up on Long Island and they become different players and younger versions of themselves, or better versions of themselves. I don’t know what they put in the Gatorade bottles there, but for whatever reason, players just find something on the Island. I would like to think we haven’t seen the last of Pierre-Marc Bouchard..."
- Brooklyn: Seriously, I can't be there, but what are the ideas and preferences for pre- or post-game gathering around the Brooklyn preseason game? Follow comments over there.
How you do a third jersey (well, how you get back to your roots anyway):
More from Lighthouse Hockey:
Bookmark/Search this post with: